Caring for your Turkish Towels
All Pippah Turkish towels, XXL Throws, Robes and Junior Poncho's need to be washed before their first use.
To keep them looking their best you need to follow the label care instructions and;
1. Wash in cold or very cool (30° celsius) temperatures
2. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach
* Fabric softeners coat the towel fibres so their absorbency is reduced, therefore, it's important that you don't use when washing your Turkish towel
3. Dry naturally, air dry (preferably flat in the shade), but never in the dryer
4. Every month or so, add a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle in your washing machine load whilst washing, this removes the build-up and residue that collects and maintains the beauty and softness of the towel
If there is a thread pull in the towel, it's not a big deal... Because of the unique weaving technique it helps hold the shape of the towel. You just need to gently pull the loose thread forward, snip it with scissors and remove. Ta-Da! It will not compromise the rest of the towel.
The tassels are hand knotted and can with use become unravelled. They just need to be re-tied.
Step One: Split into two sections and twist each section clockwise till fully twisted.
Step Two: Take each section and wrap around each other in an anti-clockwise direction till fully twisted around each other
Step Three: Tie a knot at the end of tassel.
Turkish Towels, throws, poncho's and robes need to be used, the more they are used the softer and more comfortable they become. They are made with love, to be loved.
Last of all, our towels are hand loomed (or semi-hand loomed) and no two towels are identical, there will be variations in some of the colours, threads as they are made individually. If you want a uniform product than a hand loomed Turkish Towel is not for you.